NOTE FROM THE PRINCIPAL – WEEK 24 APRIL 12, 2021
Welcome back! Excited for spring and the few weeks we have left in this third quarter. Please let me know if I can help your family and child succeed in any way at home.
PARENT CONFERENCES: We are scheduling parent conferences – please see your teacher to schedule yours.
CLASSROOM NEEDS: Our classrooms could use snack: pretzels, crackers, goldfish, etc
I.T.B.S. TESTING APRIL 19-22:
Kindergarten through 6th grade will be conducting ITBS (Iowa Tests of Basic Skills) Mon-Thur April 19-22.
Tests may include:
- Vocabulary, Phonics, Reading
- Listening, Language
- Math Concepts
KINDERGARTEN TESTS WILL BE MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY – NO KINDERGARTEN THUR & FRI
1ST-6TH GRADE TESTS WILL BE MONDAY-THURSDAY
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP:
- Pack healthy lunches (limit sugar)
- Give them lots of rest/sleep
- Be on time – absences and tardies will lead to tests that cannot be made up
- Be quiet in the hallway and office area
- Watch for ‘TESTING’ signs on the classroom doors
Results will be available within a few weeks. Thank you for helping our kids succeed during this time!
KEY DATES TO WATCH FOR APRIL/MAY:
- April 19-22: I.T.B.S. Testing
- May 3-7: Kindergarten Parent Conferences
- May 7: Mother’s Day Program, 9-11:30am
- May 7: End of 3rd Quarter
- May 17-28: Off-weeks
FOOD POLICY: Please note the following change regarding food policies: If your child will be at school during breakfast or lunch, please DO NOT send the following food/drink items: hot chocolates, Gatorade, soda, any colored drinks, pizza lunchables, cinnamon roll lunchables. We have had bad experiences with these items in the past; as a result, they are no longer allowed in the building.