March 18th, 2020 (9:07am) - We just received the latest communication from Panhandle Health District. In terms of action-plans or adjustments to continued operations, nothing has changed in respect to our current plan and cleaning procedures. In the vast majority of information provided today (much of which was continued review of current mandates & recommendations), they continue to press advisement in terms of a topic that has been asked of us: Are you taking temperatures of everyone entering the building???
The following guidelines were taken from today's update from Panhandle Health District
Require sick students and staff to stay home. Establish procedures for students and staff who are sick at school.
- Establish procedures to ensure students and staff who become sick at school or arrive at school sick are sent home as soon as possible.
- Keep sick students and staff, particularly those with symptoms of respiratory illness, separate from well students and staff until they can leave. Plan to have areas where these individuals can be isolated from well students and staff until they can leave the school.
- Remember that schools are not expected to screen students or staff to identify cases of COVID-19. If a community (or more specifically, a school) has cases of COVID-19, local health officials will help identify those individuals and will follow up on next steps.
- Share resources with the school community to help families understand when to keep children home.
While we are not "screening" student's or staff at this time, doesn't it seem absolutely prudent and responsible for everyone to self-screen prior to leaving the house or returning? We recommend you take every prudence and consideration in assessing your daily tasks.
- Take care of yourself:
- Read your Bible,
- Be devoted to prayer,
- Give abundant love and consideration for others (your neighbors, our seniors)
- Eat as healthy as possible,
- Take vitamins DAILY!
- Keep good hygiene,
- Wash your hands properly, at all necessary events,
- Plan for life to change going forward - stay Christlike in your attitudes.
- Do not forgo the gathering IN HIS NAME. If your church cancels services...find another way to fellowship. This can be done in so many ways. Don't let this fear surpass your fear of the Lord.
- Keep self-aware of how you are feeling?
- If you are feeling sick...take prudent action
- Do you "have-to" go out? If not, stay home and take advantage of it.
- Error on the side of caution.
- Make wise choices in consideration of your family and others.
- Realize local businesses need continued support. Consider buying gift cards and doing take-out at local providers.
- Look for opportunities that the Lord may place in your path. These are the times He looks to see who responds in the ways He taught us. There may never be a better opportunity to show the love of Jesus Christ than right now! Get creative in yielding love...
Again, stay strong in Christ and bear that cross...bear it well!
Rev. J. Young