March 16th, 2020 (3:11pm) – We just had a phone conference with Panhandle Health District to evaluate our status of remaining open & our current cleaning/operating procedures. They agree that we should remain open and continue to adhere to our current cleaning procedures.
Post Falls School District has just announced they have decided to close all district schools until April 6th. Actions taken throughout our state last night and the most current recommendations from the CDC to limit gatherings to 50 people and has prompted further closures in our community. Similarly, President Trump has announced nationwide recommendations, including the limiting of gatherings to 10-people or less.
With these further developments, we decided to start Spring Break early for the Elementary School. Daycare will be available unless we are mandated to shut-down.
Again, STARTING MARCH 17TH (TUESDAY), CCA WILL BE ON OFFICIAL SPRING BREAK!
- Daycare will be available. We will not shut down unless mandated.
- We believe this was a workable solution to the continued adjustments and closures due to Covid-19.
- This will not affect the scholastic process as we had anticipated Spring Break forthcoming. Curriculum will be continued upon our return and we will press forward as normal as possible.
- All students were notified so they could clean lockers, desks, chairs, gather necessary items, and conduct the end-of-the-day cleaning event as mandated by our new policies.
- No financial adjustments are necessary as we simply shifted the schedule.
- Families should continue to pay their accounts timely (per school policy).
- We have every anticipation of making adjustments to complete the scope and sequence per each grade level, without compromise. The year-round schedule lends to dealing with such situations much better than a locked-in or truncated school-year plan.
- The sky has not fallen…
We will continue to post updates regarding the status of our operations and responses to Covid-19 throughout the SPRING BREAK. Please continue to monitor all UPDATES as posted on the school website and Facebook pages.
Also, please let us know if you have any changes to your family’s status in terms of illnesses EVEN THOUGH WE ARE ON SPRING BREAK. It is vital we remain informed of the health conditions of our entire school family as we navigate this challenging time.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions.
In Christ’s service,
Rev. J. Young