The administration and staff would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to CornerStone Christian Academy (CCA). As stewards of our Lord’s school, we endeavor to be honorable teachers of His will and accurate reflections of who God seeks us to be. The support staff, teachers, and administration are all here to assist you with your child’s growth and education. We invite young people to attend our school who desire a positive Christian atmosphere.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMANTORY POLICY AS TO STUDENTS
CornerStone Christian Ministries, Inc., (dba: CornerStone Christian Academy) admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other school-administered programs.
Statement of Faith
We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is part of the triune God consisting of God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; equal in nature, separate in identity, unique in duty. We believe Jesus came to mankind (leaving His glory in heaven), being conceived of the Holy Spirit, born unto a virgin, dwelt among us and lived a sinless life. He was crucified on the cross, buried three days, rose from the dead, stood resurrected before many, and upon completing the work of the Father, He ascended to heaven where He is serving now at the right side of God.
We believe Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation and eternal life. Only by acknowledging He is the Son of God and believing in Him, can we have hope for eternal life. Jesus was sent to sacrifice His life upon the cross in atonement for the sins of mankind. He conquered death so that we may live. He is risen and coming again! By His blood and death, those who believe are justified, and sanctified, before God. His only begotten Son took a substitutionary role, atoning for our sins so that we may have eternal life in Him. Christ is the Messiah of the Old Testament, bringing us the New Covenant in the New Testament.
We believe that the Word of God is fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, completely inerrant in the original manuscripts, and meant to bring us God’s revelation as acknowledged by Jesus Christ. We believe we are saved by grace, through faith, in the one and only Savior, Jesus Christ. We believe that water baptism is an outward confession of an inward sign of faith, publically declaring and acknowledging Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. And, each believer upon conversion to Christ experiences baptism of the Holy Spirit. We believe Jesus welcomes all those who seek Him and choose to follow His ways
PHILOSOPHY AND MISSION STATEMENT
The philosophy and mission of CCA shall be to address the needs of the whole student spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, and physically by providing an education based on biblical authority, truth, and moral values. Realizing there is a spiritual battle going on for the very souls of our students, we desire to teach of the great love God has for them and the relationship they can have with Him through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. We seek to teach the students that through reading the Bible and praying to God through Jesus, that they can receive guidance for their lives and true peace. We desire to teach our students that obedience to God and His laws will bring order, morality, fulfillment, and true happiness to their lives. In turn, they will desire to serve others and look forward to one day spending eternity with Him. We are a Christ-following, faith-based, private educational academy, preschool and daycare.
“…a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation”…Isaiah 28:16
The “cornerstone” is the most important and pivotal piece in a solid foundation. Our desire is that every person – large and small, adult and child – would place their lives in Christ’s hands and make Him the foundation…the cornerstone, of their lives. Upon doing that, Ephesians 2:20 says, “With Christ Jesus Himself as the chief cornerstone, in Him the whole building is joined together.” Our hope is that every person would be joined together, hand in hand, serving God and loving others in ways that are glorifying to Him.
- Private educational grade levels kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Year-round school schedule; keeping the education cycle cohesive without an excessive “summer break”
- Preschool classrooms for ages two through five.
- CCA is accredited by the Idaho State Educational Dept. and the Northwest Accreditation Commission.
- Bible-based curriculum for all grades. (A Beka Book)
- An emphasis on Christian values to meet the spiritual as well as academic and physical needs of students.
- Current technology in each classroom for enhanced learning opportunities
- Various after-school clubs and programs.
- Field Trips.
- Opportunities to do community service projects…to “serve with significance.”
- Full-time (staffed) pastor, and counseling services.
Excellent student to teacher ratios!
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Recognize that each student is uniquely designed and loved by the Creator.
- Encourage each student to make a spiritual commitment to Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord.
- Prepare each student intellectually with an academic program of studies that develops knowledge and appreciation for literature, history, science, mathematics, music and art, emphasizing their relevance to both career and life-long learning.
- Equip each student with the skills of listening, reading, writing, independent thinking, communication, problem solving, self-correction, and creatively expressing oneself.
- Provide a curriculum that enables students to pursue an academic or vocational post-secondary education.
- Empower educators to maintain a positive and safe classroom environment through an effective discipline system, which is conducive to learning.
- Strive to maintain strong administration, teacher, parent, and student communication through effective relationships.