April 24, 2017
I.T.B.S. TESTING THIS WEEK:
Kindergarten through 7th grade will be conducting ITBS (Iowa Tests of Basic Skills) Mon-Thur THIS week (April 24-27).
Tests may include:
- Vocabulary, Phonics, Reading
- Listening, Language
- Math Concepts
- Science, SS, Reference Materials, Sources of Information
KINDERGARTEN TESTS WILL BE MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY – NO KINDERGARTEN THUR & FRI
1ST-7TH GRADE TESTS WILL BE MONDAY-THURSDAY – NO SCHOOL FRIDAY
1st-7th GRADE can be dismissed at the conclusion of testing (11:30am) each day.
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP:
- Pack healthy lunches (limit sugar)
- Give them lots of rest/sleep
- Be on time – absences and tardies will lead to tests that cannot be made up
- Be quiet in the hallway and office area
- Watch for ‘TESTING’ signs on the classroom doors
Results will be available within a few weeks. Thank you for helping our kids succeed during this time!
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL NEXT WEEK:
We will be having VBS (Vacation Bible School) during our off-week next week (May 1-5). If your child will be at the school for daycare, there is a $15 fee for a camp t-shirt that will be used throughout the spring and summer off-weeks. If you do not currently pay for daycare but would like your child to participate in VBS, the cost is $50 ($10 per day) plus the cost of the t-shirt.
The tentative VBS schedule will be as follows:
9-9:30 Bible Study
11:00-11:30 Prepare for field trip
11:30-12:00 Lunch (Bring a sack lunch)
12:00-3:00 Field trip off campus (location varies)
If your child will be attending, please pay the MANDITORY t-shirt fee by Friday, April 28. The t-shirt is for safety purposes when we go off campus for field trips. Your child’s name will be written inside his/her shirt and they can keep it at the end of the summer events.
Each VBS will have a sign-up sheet at the front desk prior to the beginning of the week. Please see the sign-up sheet now for Wilderness Camp.
SPRING FUNDRAISER RESULTS:
Thank you so much for contributing to our spring fundraising efforts. Here are the results:
TOP CLASS: 3rd/4th Grade
PIE-IN-THE-FACE TEACHERS: Mrs. Young (K), Mrs. Olhausen (1st), Mr. King (Middle School)
CLASS COMPETITION WINNERS: AM K, 2nd Grade, 3rd/4th Grade
REACHED 50 ITEMS: Cale W, Adam C, Alexis W
REACHED 24 ITEMS: Ezekiel H, Cale W, Peyton A, Lyla T, Adam C, Alexis W, BreAnna G, Abby M, Rocco S, Addison H, Brooklyn K, Lucas S, Kira N
SCRATCH TICKET ENTRIES FOR BOYS BIKE: Nathan S, Henry T, Presten D, Ezekiel H, Dalton P, Kaysun R, Jericho H, Douglas L, Noah S, Paul S, Justice P
SCRATCH TICKET ENTRIES FOR GIRLS BIKE: Emily B, Rachel H, Mackenzie T, Ada B, Kendal B, BreAnna G, Brooklyn K, Darby P, Sierra S, Alexis W, Jordan M
COMMUNICATION TOOLS: Please use the following communication tools to keep current with your child’s classroom:
- www.jupitergrades.com – Here you can stay connected to your child’s grades and progress.
- Facebook: “CornerStone Christian Academy – Post Falls” https://www.facebook.com/pages/CornerStone-Christian-Academy-Post-Falls-ID/195143482445?ref=bookmarks
- Individual Facebook Pages:
- Preschool: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CornerStone-Christian-Academy-Preschool-Page/274871902628976
- Pre-K: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CornerStone-Christian-Academy-Pre-K-Page/345648642186012
- Kindergarten: https://www.facebook.com/CCAKindergarten
- First Grade: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CornerStone-Christian-Academy-1st-Grade-Page/479222718769276
- Second Grade: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CornerStone-Christian-Academy-2nd-Grade-Page/494939743852130
- Third/Fourth Grade: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CornerStone-Christian-Academy-3rd4th-Grade-Page/455554741156020
- Middle School: https://www.facebook.com/CornerStoneChristianAcademyMiddleSchoolPage
- Ministry Facebook Pages:
- CornerStone Christian Fellowship Northwest: https://www.facebook.com/ccfnw/?fref=ts
- CornerStone Christian Fellowship – Women’s Discipleship: https://www.facebook.com/CornerStoneChristianMinistriesWomensDiscipleship/
FOOD POLICY: Please note the following change regarding food policies: If your child will be at school during breakfast or lunch, please DO NOT send the following food/drink items: hot chocolates, Gatorade, any colored drinks, pizza lunchables, cinnamon roll lunchables. We have had bad experiences with these items in the past; as a result, they are no longer allowed in the building.