Status of the Expansion Project
June 18th, 2017 - The Board of Directors has completed the evaluation process of General Contractor's and the various other professional providers (architects, engineers, designers, etc), and has selected Glen Lanker, Artios Architecture and John Young, Young Construction (no direct relation to Mr. and Mrs. Young our administrators) as our developers on this project. We were blessed by several contractors who were willing to help on this project and we want to acknowledge their willingness:
CDA Structures (Jim Denison)
Elmer Construction (Jim Elmer)
It is with much grace and blessing from the Lord that all those contributing to this need for our school are giving in some-way or another (discounted services, discounted fees, pro bono offerings, concessions, priority of service, etc) but most importantly...they have affirmed their desire to serve the Lord and help His children in any way they can...AND THAT'S MOST IMPORTANT!
We are now set with (1) financing, (2) architecture, (3) general contractor, and (4) Board of Director approval. Within the next few weeks, we hope to have finalized plans and date projections for planning purposes.
Please continue to pray for the Lord's blessing upon this intention to follow His will!
May 20th, 2017 - We have made much progress in the last few weeks and are set to move forward! Our architect has done a great job of coordinating efforts between prospective general contractors, engineers, and city planning representatives. We have 4-prospective contractor's bidding the project and have requested a submission deadline of May 25th. We have 2-bids received already. Once the Board of Directors (CM) has reviewed the bids, a general contractor will be selected and the design process will formally begin. Current estimations are that it will take 4-6 weeks for formal design, approval and building permit acquisition. General consensus is that this type of project will take 5-6 months to complete once "ground is broken" and the project begins. H2 Surveying and Engineering has already donated much of their time and professional services by surveying our project already. Our Spring Fundraising efforts have already helped finance the portions of this project that was outsourced. A humble THANK-YOU to Scott McArthur, Principal Engineer, and H2 Surveying and Engineering for your time, guidance, and support of our school!
April 14th, 2017 - We have discovered that the construction industry is overwhelmed right now and it has affected the ability to obtain a "realistic" bid from most general contractors. We have decided to look at other bids and have had some great progress in that area. We were referred to a general contractor who has preliminarily affirmed he can build our gym UNDER our set budget! We are excited about this!!!!
We also are meeting with another general contractor who is interested in the project as well. We should have final submission of bids by April 20th, and our selection by April 21st. We have a planning meeting with the City of Post Falls for April 26th to try to gauge their "city mandates" in order to obtain a building permit (this is the very suspect system of city development where City officials tell us ALL the things they want us to improve on their behalf, at our own cost.) Although we plan for the "worst case scenario" we don't know what to expect.
We have had our challenges these past weeks, but we are back on track and looking good!!
March 24th, 2017 - We have great news! River Bank (who is the lender on this project) has contacted us to say that the application for funding, supporting financials, and other necessary information has been preliminarily examined and approval confidence is high at this time! *This is similar to a "pre-approval" confirmation. We are grateful to be working with River Bank on this project as they have been very accommodating and considerate of our desire to build our kids a gym and more classrooms. At this time, we are simply waiting to see if the General Contractor can reduce the cost estimate of construction down to our affirmed budget level. PLEASE KEEP PRAYING....Because things are looking good, it means that Satan will be doing his best to put a stop to it...
March 16th, 2017 - We have received a revised building estimation cost (this would be the 2nd estimation), and although we have closed the gap between the estimation and our budget, we are still far apart. It is hard to say how much more savings can be made at this point. We are hopeful that some of our family resources (those who own or work at skilled trades, etc.) can be offered, or donated, to help reduce the construction costs. Excavation and concrete work are some big ticket items we are trying to chip away at. In sum, we need to bridge the gap between the construction costs and our budget...